Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about how you will celebrate the Mothers in your life. It’s hard to believe this will be our 2nd socially distant covid Mother’s Day. Just like last year this Mother’s Day will look a lot different than years past. Its a time to be creative & thoughtful with ways to show her you care and celebrate safely.
This year more than ever before the Mamas need to be celebrated. For the Mamas that navigated and still are navigating their way through homeschooling on top of working from home themselves. For the Mamas keeping on top of all the extra household responsibilities due to everyone being at home more. For the Mamas that have lost their support system due to physical restrictions. For the Mamas holding it all together for her family while she’s barely holding on herself. Mothers are the superheroes getting their families through these difficult times & their selfless love needs to be recognized.
This Mother’s Day whether you show your love and appreciation with a homemade card, home cooked meal or a special gift from the Mother’s Day Gift Guide I have curated below, remember that it’s the thought and effort you put in that counts. It doesn’t have to be expensive & extravagant, just make it special because she deserves it. Some of my most favorite gifts to receive on special occasions are as simple as a homemade card, breakfast in bed and a new pair of Cozy Pajamas to lounge in. Sometimes less is more and the more thoughtful and sentimental the better !
5 Meaningful Mother’s Day Gift Ideas that don’t cost alot
- Make a flower arrangement project together virtually via zoom with a Flower Project from Floral Support
- Order takeout from her favorite restaurant and drop it off at her door or have her favorite meal delivered via Skip the Dishes and dine together virtually (some restaurants offer some really fun out of the box packages for special occasions)
- Order Mother’s Day Afternoon High Tea to-go from Faubourg Bakery or make your own and host an outdoor brunch or picnic outside on the patio, backyard or at the beach
- Go for a long walk or hike in nature together and talk about all the things you are grateful for
- Send a thoughtful text, handwritten letter or card to show you care
If you are needing more inspiration for something extra special to get the Mama in your life I have rounded up some amazing gifts that any Mama in your life would love to have. All items linked in the Gift Guide are from local Canadian retailers. Also check out my dedicated Mother’s Day shop page for more great ideas!
1. Joe Fresh Sleep Set | 2. Joe Fresh Slippers | 3. Vancouver Candle Co. Soy Candle | 4. Joe Fresh Active Tote | 5. Kitchen Therapy Breville Juice Fountain | 6. The Mama Style Mama Script Tee | 7. Flower Factory Spa Relaxation Gift Box w/ Flowers | 8. Bauble Boutique Elle Earrings | 9. Monika Hibbs Gather at Home
Shop the Post…
I hope this Mother’s Day Gift Guide inspires you to find that special gift.
I’ve connected with some other amazing bloggers to share some Mother’s Day Gift Guides & inspiration on what to give! Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing.
Christine – The CurlyQ Mom – Mothers Day Gift Guide 2021
Heather – Sex on a Weekday – The Year of the Mama Mother’s Day Gift Guide
Marly – Marly Etc. – 5 perfect Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day
Are you celebrating a Mama in your life in an extra special creative way this year ? Tell me below!
Disclaimer: This post contains affliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for more information. Thank you so much for supporting the retailers that support MsDivineShyne
[…] Melanie – Mother’s Day Gift Guide | MsDivineShyne […]