Balsamic Chicken Salad
Recipe type: Salad
This colorful, main dish salad topped with grilled chicken in a honey-sweetened balsamic vinaigrette is a real lifesaver when time is of the essence. It is perfect as a filling lunch salad that will leave you full through the afternoon.
- Balsamic Marinade:
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets
- 8 cups mixed salad lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- extra italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk balsamic dressing/marinade ingredients together until well combined. Pour 2-3 tablespoons into a shallow bowl. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cook chicken in frying pan until crisp and cooked through (about 10 minutes each side).
- Arrange all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with chicken, avocado and sprinkle with crumbled feta, extra Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to your taste. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and serve.
Need a quick & easy healthy breakfast recipe ? Look no further – Healthy Yogurt Parfait Bars.
Couldn’t believe a bachelor like me could make this “5 star” salad. Looking forward to future recipes!
Thanks for the feedback Steven. Looking forward to sharing more healthy salad recipes with you soon !
What a amazing tasting salad/meal!
The balsamic vinegar ,honey and avacado really went good with the chicken and made it taste extra delicious. It was super easy to cook and made a perfect post work out meal !
Yes the flavors go really well with the chicken. So glad you enjoyed it !
I might get Ben to make this for us. hahah! looks delicious!
Thanks Hun! Let me know how you guys like it 🙂
So good! And easy 😊 Great recipe, adding it to the rotation. Thank you!
Thank you so much Ann. Glad to hear you enjoyed the recipe as much as I do!
Yum!! I love this simple, yet delicious recipe!
Thanks Hun! I hope you give it a try 🙂
This looks and sounds amazing! I will have to give it a try 🙂
Please do ! Thanks Jess, hope you enjoy it !
Just sitting here…DROOLING! I am SO making this for lunch tomorrow! YUM!
Thanks Kalyn! Hope you enjoy it 😉
I am for sure going to try this recipe! Sounds delicious.
Thank you ! Glad to hear this recipe appeals to you!
This salad looks so fresh and healthy!
Thanks hun ! It really is. Please give the recipe a try 🙂